Make a difference to NYC Public School students by sharing your expertise.
The New York Academy of Sciences is currently recruiting for their After School STEM Mentoring Program (ASMP), which pairs STEM professionals, including undergraduate and graduate students, with NYC public school classroom educators as guest mentors. The goal is not only to spark curiosity in young minds but to also reignite our passion for our STEM disciplines.
Weekly mentorship sessions will be guided by a curriculum of 60-minute-long hands-on STEM labs focused on environmental science. Science Mentors commit to leading ASMP science labs with their matched classrooms, once a week, over the course of 7-10 weeks, from July 5th – August 19th, 2022.
In addition to the chance to develop teaching and mentoring skills, accepted participants also receive a $500 stipend per classroom as well as a one-year membership to the Academy!
Important links for the After School STEM Mentoring Program:
- Website: https://www.nyas.org/asmp
- Application (due May 27th, 2022): https://gsa.smapply.io/prog/ASMPmentor
- Summer Semester runs from July 5th – August 19th, 2022 (5-10 weeks)
- Acceptance letters sent & classroom matches: May 29th – June 16th
- Mentor Curriculum Training Sessions (2hr virtual workshop, 3 options): June 24th, June 28th, June 30th