FALL NEARC 2023 | Call for Abstracts is Open!
Fall NEARC is an annual three-day conference packed with user presentations, professional development, and networking opportunities for GIS users of all skill levels. This well-attended regional event is also combined with a pre-conference Educators’ Day. The Fall NEARC host committee invites you to submit a presentation for the in-person event at the Omni New Haven at Yale in New Haven, Connecticut on Sunday, October 15 – Wednesday, October 18.
Deadline to submit abstracts: Friday, 14 July 2023 at 11:59 PM
Northeast Arc Users Group (NEARC) Fall Conference presentations, workshops, and posters are an opportunity to share experience, expertise, and knowledge with colleagues and offer solutions for successful use of GIS.
All attendees, including private sector attendees and vendors, are invited and welcome to submit presentations or workshops describing a project, research, process, experience, expertise, management, or best practices related to GIS. Marketing presentations may be given by reserving a vendor booth.
Abstracts for the following presentation formats may be submitted:
- Lightning Talk – 5 minutes
- Short Oral Presentation – 30 minutes (25 minutes presenting, 5 Q&A)
- Hands-On Workshop – 90 minutes
- Panel Presentation (organized by YOU) – 90 minutes
- Poster – Printed or Digital, plus strongly encouraged lightning presentation! (“poster” can mean any of the following formats: PDF, Story Map, Dashboard, Web Apps, Hub Site, etc.)
- Longer Oral Presentation – 60 minutes (50 minutes presenting, 10 Q&A) (Limited Timeslots)
Prior to submitting an abstract, review the presenter guidelines at https://www.northeastarc.org/fall-guidelines.html.
Submit your abstract at https://www.cvent.com/c/abstracts/509f8580-6215-422f-95fe-d25e04ca57d9.
All presenters are required to register to attend the conference. Limited scholarships will be available to our NEARC community members.
Notifications of acceptance will be sent by the end of July and the schedule will be posted online shortly thereafter. You may view the preliminary schedule at https://www.northeastarc.org/fall-schedule.html.