NYC Area GISMO and NYCARC
President: Alan Leidner
GISMO Board of Directors: Amy Jeu, Wendy Dorf, Jack Eichenbaum, Noreen Whysel, Kevin Jenkins, Lisa Palmer, Timur Pozhidaev, Kristen MacFarlane; GISMO Treasurer: Sam Hudis
Next Meeting: May 2, 2019
Thursday, May 2, 2019
5:30-7:30 PM @ Hunter College, 695 Park Ave, Room 1028 North
Join us for an evening of GISMO 25<meets>65. This event is based on a similar (successful) event staged by the Alumni Association at Cooper Union. A group of 50 year+ alumni (class of 1963 Engineering) were brought together for a lunch with current seniors for a “grandparent”/”grandchild” conversation.
GISMO 25<meets>65 will take place over light refreshments, where a group of 6-10 veteran GISMO members over 65 and 12-20 current student members will gather together to:
- Using 3-5 minutes, each senior GISMO member relates his/her intellectual career path from age 25 through the present stressing:
- Hindsight on critical decision-making in their lives
- How they found their way into GIS
- Evolution of GIS/career and its rewards
- Q/A between seniors (~ 20 minutes)
- Pairs of students converse with each individual senior in a “speed-dating” format. (~ 5 minutes each)
- Encourage exchange of contact information where future communication or mentoring may be of help for students.
Please help us to circulate to all GIS students and senior / veteran GISers. Many thanks!
Visit our website: