Upcoming GISMO Event: Virtual AppFair
Wednesday, 8 June 2022 | 3:00 – 5:00 PM
Dear GISMO members and Friends of GISMO,
You are invited to attend the GISMO virtual Application Fair (AppFair) to be held via Zoom on Wednesday, June 8th, between 3PM and 5PM. The AppFair is an open event that can be attended at no charge by GISMO and NYSGISA members, and by all friends of GISMO, so please share this invitation with your colleagues. To register for the AppFair please follow this LINK.
AppFair 2022 will feature several presentations from City Agencies on their latest GIS advances and use cases with the wider NYC Metro-Area spatial community. The AppFair also includes presentations of innovative technologies we feel are important to future GIS development.
Agency presenters and topics at this year’s AppFair include:
- Information Technology and Telecommunications (DOITT)
- Police Department (NYPD)
- Economic Development Corporation (EDC)
- Emergency Management (NYCEM)
- Also presenting will be the following R&D teams:
- New York University discussing its underground infrastructure mapping (UNUM) project supported by a $1M NSF grant with contributions from NYCEM and GISMO.
- A GISMO Team’s Disaster Pilot crowd-sourcing application that integrates smartphones, GPS, voice recognition and translation, and AI. This R&D effort was the recipient of a grant from the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) made possible by Federal agency funding.
We are looking forward to getting together with you.
Sincerely, Jiin Wen, GISMO President on behalf of GISMO Board Members and Officers: Wendy Dorf, Jack Eichenbaum, Amy Jeu, Alan Leidner, Elia Machado, Dara Mendeloff, Camille Stewart, Raychell Velez, Noreen Whysel, Doug Williamson