CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The 2021 Fall NEARC Conference will be held in person from Sunday, October 17th – Wednesday, October 20th at the Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale University in New Haven, CT. We will continue to monitor the impact of the pandemic and keep the community informed should anything change. At this point in time, the Host Committee is excited to invite you to submit a presentation abstract.
Presentation proposals are being accepted for the regular Fall NEARC Conference (Monday, October 18th – Wednesday, October 20th) as well as the GIS Educators Day (Sunday, October 17th).
Before Submitting a Proposal, Please Read the Following:
Presentation Format Options:
· Short Oral Presentation – 30 minutes (25 presenting, 5 Q&A)
· Hands-On Workshop – 90 minutes
· Panel Presentation – 90 minutes
· Poster – Printed or Digital (which can include many formats such as PDF, Story Map, Dashboard, Web Apps, Hub Site, etc.)
· Longer Oral Presentation – 60 minutes (50 minutes presenting, 10 Q&A; Educators Day Only)
· Abstract submissions will only be accepted online.
· All submissions must be received by July 14th, 2021.
· The presentation must be product-neutral and cannot promote market-specific products and/or services.
· Presenters are required to register and pay to attend the conference at the applicable rates. A limited number of scholarships are available that presenters are eligible to apply for. See details below.
Review the presenter guidelines, then click here to get started on submitting a proposal online.
The NEARC Board of Directors has established a Scholarship Fund to provide a limited number of discounted registrations for applicants who demonstrate the need for financial assistance. Professionals and Students are welcome to apply. For more details, please refer to the NEARC Scholarship Guidelines. Application forms will be available soon.
The 2021 Fall NEARC Conference will be held at the Omni New Haven in Connecticut.
Overnight accommodations are available to conference participants at the Omni at a discounted group rate of $189/night plus tax. To make a reservation, please call 1-800-THEOMNI (800-843-6664). Be sure to reference that you attending the NEARC 2021 Conference to receive the group rate. Reservations must be made by September 17, 2021 in order to be guaranteed the group rate. Click here to book online.