New Items Added February 21, 2021
Meeting Minutes - New Items added Feb 21, 2021
Ideas for the Development of a Health Data Model and Spatial Data Infrastructure
Jan 17, 2021: This link https://www.ogc.org/pressroom/pressreleases/4378
will take you to the Press Release for the Request for Information (RFI) issued by the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) to gather ideas for the development of a Health Data Model and Spatial Data Infrastructure that would support the response to future health emergencies.
I’ve spoken with Ross Baldwin about this and we agree that for any of you who wish to contribute recommendations and ideas for any portion of the RFI you can send them to us via the Contact Us link in the footer and we will organize and consolidate them into a Regional Committee response giving full attribution to the ideas you submit. Your write ups can address one or several topics suggested by the RFI. Length is not important: we just want good ideas based on your experience fighting COVID.
FYI: Jim Daly, GIS Director of Suffolk County has already submitted two recommendations and I know Ross and me will want to add our thoughts to our submission.
This is not a “competitive” procurement. No contract or funding is at stake. It is OGC’s attempt to reach out to the GIS community around the world to find the best ideas for moving forward. USGS is one of the sponsors of this effort.
Please get your thoughts to Ross and me by January 25th so we have time enough to synthesize them before the January 29th submission deadline. Feel free to distribute this request to other colleagues. (We expect NSGIC, NAPSG among other organizations to be responding or collaborating with OGC) Let us know if you have any questions. Additionally, we also aim to harvest ideas from the notes that have been collected from prior COVID Committee meetings.
The article suggests that the antibody treatments are not being used as much as they might be. This could be something to discuss with your local Health Departments.
Dec 13, 2020: The url below is the REST Services Directory of ShareGIS. The up-to-date COVID Zones are the fourth and fifth ones down the list, as a feature and map service. https://gisservices.its.ny.gov/arcgis/rest/services
Nov 29, 2020: COVID Zone Services that Frank was just referring to on the call:
NYS GIS Association COVID Coordination Session (10/21/2020)
This is the recording of the Oct 21st, 2020 COVID Coordination Session which includes ESRI’s Community Contact Tracing and Vaccine Distribution efforts, as well as Dr. Gretchen Culp’s efforts as part of the NYC DOH to geocode and analyze COVID cases.
Hunter College CARSI (Center for Advanced Research of Spatial Information Model: http://carsimodel.com/
Articles from the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, including access to data and R address cleaning package:
- SaTScan paper on cluster identification, “Detecting Emerging COVID-19 Community Outbreaks at High Spatiotemporal Resolution – New York City, June 2020:” https://www.researchgate.net/publication/343116911_Detecting_Emerging_COVID-19_Community_Outbreaks_at_High_Spatiotemporal_Resolution_-_New_York_City_June_2020
- Paper on nowcasting (predicting cases not yet reported), “Evaluation of Nowcasting for Real-Time COVID-19 Tracking – New York City, March – May 2020:” https://medrxiv.org/cgi/content/short/2020.10.18.20209189v1
- Publicly available data used in the previous two papers: https://github.com/nychealth/coronavirus-data
- R address cleaning package used in the previous two papers: https://github.com/gmculp/rNYCclean
New/Updated ESRI Resource
The COVID-19 Vaccine Resources Hub will be continually updated with vaccine distribution resources. And for Community Contact Tracing, here is a link to a comprehensive overview Community Contact Tracing: A Method to Modernize and Enhance Contact Tracing Webinar (1:00:59) and I attached a slightly updated One-Pager which highlights more of the analytic workflows and software requirements.
COVID Risk Levels Dashboard from the Harvard Global Health Institute: https://globalepidemics.org/key-metrics-for-covid-suppression/
COVID-19 Test Site locator application: https://coronavirus.health.ny.
COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)
National Pandemic GIS Task Force Strategy Action Plan https://www.napsgfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/06/National_Pandemic_GIS_Task_Force_Strategy_ActionPlan_20200615.pdf
NSGIC “Joint Statement on the Value of GIS in the Pandemic: https://nsgic.memberclicks.net/joint-statement-on-the-value-of-gis-in-the-pandemic
NYS County by County COVID-19 cases is here:
Get Involved: How You Can Help – https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/get-involved-how-you-can-help
NYS COVID-19 Technology Swat Team – https://www.ny.gov/programs/new-york-state-covid-19-technology-swat-team
NYS Information (Governor’s Office) on Novel Coronavirus – https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/amid-ongoing-covid-19-pandemic-governor-cuomo-announces-three-regions-new-york-state-ready
A Guide to Reopening NY & Building Back Better – https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/governor.ny.gov/files/atoms/files/NYForwardReopeningGuide.pdf
Regional Monitoring Dashboard – https://forward.ny.gov/regional-monitoring-dashboard
United States Coronavirus (COVID-19) Tracker (Extract to excel… map)
The SEDAC Global COVID-19 Viewer (shows the density of population in relationship to reported coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases at country and sub-national levels)
Google has published aggregated global mobility data. The reports chart movement trends over time by geography, across different categories of places such as retail and recreation, groceries and pharmacies, parks, transit stations, workplaces, and residential.
New York – https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobility/2020-03- 29_US_New_York_Mobility_Report_en.pdf
Coronavirus Response Tool (Coronavirus Response is a collection of maps and apps that can be used by Public Health agencies to understand the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and share authoritative information about the pandemic with your community. This ArcGIS Solution can now be quickly deployed in your organization with the ArcGIS Solutions Deployment Tool
Every county in the US has been affected by COVID-19 in different ways. The ArcGIS Business Analyst team at Esri created this web app showing how every county has been impacted to assist with response planning. Scroll down to Suffolk County on the right side:
NYS DOH public data website
1Point3Acres (Volunteer created but adopted by CDC)
Esri has been fielding an increasing number of questions and inquiries from Public Health and Emergency Management organizations on a state and local level regarding COVID-19, especially “What are other organizations similar to mine doing?” We’d like to share some recent info/examples we’ve been made aware of that you may find useful. These solutions leverage capabilities many of you already possess within your current Esri deployments.
- Esri Vaccine Resources: https://coronavirus-resources.
- Community Contact Tracing: A Method to Modernize and Enhance Contact Tracing Webinar (1:00:59)
- State of AZ: AZ Governor’s Briefing Journal (in addition to the “Governor’s Briefing” tab, ESF 8 tab (Health ADHS) is the Johns Hopkins dashboard);
- Esri’s COVID-19 data hub: https://go.esri.com/Coronavirus
- State of OR: https://geo.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/d546d7bc91d3478d91f628fb85bfe8de
- State of KY: https://ky-dph.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=24fb11ce078549548938c24a0e6faa09
- Public Health Preparedness and how geography plays a critical role: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=407f621e784e4737aa4d6e3b17fbd968
- Leveraging Business Analyst infographics to target vulnerable populations: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/bus-analyst/business/adding-the-coronavirus-infographic-template-in-business-community-analyst-web/
- Coronavirus: World Connectivity Can Save Lives: https://www.esri.com/about/newsroom/blog/coronavirus-world-connectivity-can-save-lives/
- ESRI’s National HUB – COVID-19 GIS Hub
- How your GIS department can respond to COVID-19 – https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/apps/local-government/how-your-gis-department-can-respond-to-covid-19/
- “A MODERN APPROACH TO PUBLIC HEALTH PREPAREDNESS” – Article from GovLoop.com
- “ALTERING THE COURSE OF DISEASE SURVEILLANCE: CONNECTING CAUSE AND EFFECT TO LOCATION” – Article from GovLoop.com
- Hospitals as Hubs: Serving the needs of the community using location intelligence – https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/728d3125110445f6bb8331bd3667e6f9
- Esri Maps for Public Policy –
- Public Health Preparedness: A Geographic Approach – https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJournal/index.html?appid=407f621e784e4737aa4d6e3b17fbd968
- Public Health Preparedness Whitepaper: Attached
- Using the Coronavirus Infographic Template in Business/Community Analyst Web – https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/bus-analyst/business/adding-the-coronavirus-infographic-template-in-business-community-analyst-web/
Additional COVID-19 data sources that are available to the public.
Authoritative Source (OCONUS)
– World Health Organization (WHO) Dashboard: http://who.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/c88e37cfc43b4ed3baf977d77e4a0667
– Situation Report: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports
– European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases
Authoritative Source (CONUS)
– HHS/CDC Situational Summary: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-in-us.html
– HHS ASPR GIS Secure Map Service (Confirmed Cases); https://geohealth.hhs.gov/restricteddata/rest/services/Incidents/Coronavirus_CDC_SitRep_Cases/MapServer (Send email to me for access information)
– U.S. Department of State – Travel Advisory Levels: https://travelmaps.state.gov/TSGMap/?extent=74.742561948,16.054165201,134.281333715,45.457053067 ; Feature Map Service: https://services6.arcgis.com/R6wlO6UHmSzqm9Vs/arcgis/rest/services/Travel_Advisory_Levels_viewOnlyVectors/FeatureServer
Feature Layer by CSSE_GIS and Data: https://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c0b356e20b30490c8b8b4c7bb9554e7c
Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cases, provided by JHU CSSE: https://github.com/CSSEGISandData/COVID-19.
Esri’s Disaster Response Program assists with disasters worldwide as part of our corporate citizenship: https://www.esri.com/en-us/disaster-response/overview
Example COVID19 HUB Page: Please review the Seneca Nation COVID19 GIS HUB page as an example
Here are some example projects people are putting together:
Here’s a great Hub example from Montgomery Co., PA: https://data-montcopa.opendata.arcgis.com/pages/covid-19
State of Washington dashboard: https://healthgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/4974de8e1b5746ec95309df9fbc4f777
Missouri COVID-19 Impact Planning Report Viewer: Application that was developed using the process outlined in the Infographic blog: https://healthgis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/4974de8e1b5746ec95309df9fbc4f777