The 2011 Geospatial Summit
The NYS GIS Association is pleased to announce that the 6th annual NYS GeoSpatial Summit , held on June 15- 16, 2011 at the Welch-Allyn Lodge in Skaneateles, New York, was a highly successful event. Over 130 attendees heard from an outstanding panel of keynote speakers who discussed a wide range of timely issues in the geospatial world. Topics were diverse and included interaction among speakers and attendees on issues such as crowd-sourcing of spatial data, satellite imaging systems, GIS for intelligence gathering, and the use of geospatial technology in urban design. Based on comments from those in attendance, the Welch-Allyn venue once again proved to be a beautiful setting for both the evening reception on June 15th as well as the full day Summit on June 16th.
Comments from those who attended the 2011 GeoSpatial Summit:
“What do you like about the NYS GeoSpatial Summit?” –
- “High quality of speakers”
- “It’s about ideas and out of the box thinking”
- “This conference makes you think ideas, concepts, what if, and the future”
- “The format of the program – no overload of presentations; easier to think about, absorb, understand the topics”
- “Interacting with colleagues as well as vendors in “non-show” environment”
- “It is the best event I attend”
Make sure to include attending future NYS GeoSpatial Summits in your long-range plans. Keep abreast of information about future Summits through the NYS GIS Association website and announcements.