The mission of the New York State GIS Association is to assist, educate, coordinate and guide the implementation, development and maintenance of GIS (Geographic Information Systems) technology in the State of New York. The Association’s primary goals and objectives are to:
- Support and promote the GIS profession throughout the state of New York.
- Assist and educate GIS professionals by providing opportunities for training, networking, information sharing, presentations, and other forms of professional development.
- Contribute towards the development, implementation and maintenance of GIS in the state of New York.
- Foster a spirit of cooperation among local, state and federal agencies, educational institutions and the private sector in addressing priority GIS issues and data development initiatives for New York.
- Conduct regular meetings, conferences, and technical workshops for the exchange of information and to exhibit products and services.
- Educate the general public about the nature and benefits of geographic information and related technologies.
- Publish documents, produce educational materials, and promote education pertaining to geographic information and related technologies.
Our vision is to grow a professional society that promotes GIS as an industry and helps to further opportunities for GIS professionals. The Association welcomes and encourages additional involvement from government administrators, managers and other geospatial technology professionals.