Please join Director and Principal Investigator of the National Geospatial Center of Excellence, Vincent A. DiNoto, for a webinar presentation, “Revitalizing GIST Community College Programs,” on Thursday, 11 September 2014, 1 – 2:30 p.m.
In addition to leading the GeoTech Center, DiNoto is also Dean of College and Systemic Initiatives and Professor of Physics, Astronomy and GeoSciences at Jefferson Community and Technical College in Louisville, Kentucky. The following GeoTech Center efforts and initiatives will be presented:
- Model courses
- Discussion of the revised Geospatial Technology Competency Model (GTCM’14), which was produced for the Department of Labor
- Meta DACUM’14 that the GeoTech Center has compiled based upon ten previous DACUMs including two conducted within the past 9 months
- Course Content Tool, which can be used for program evaluation
- Model courses to assist instructors, which will be demonstrated
- Micro-credentials (badges)
This webinar is brought to you by the NYS GIS Association’s Education and Professional Development Committees.
Ann K. Deakin, Ph.D.
Department of Geosciences
Interdisciplinary Studies in GIS
Fredonia | State University of New York
020 Houghton Hall
Fredonia, NY 14063