11/15/2018 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Nicole Kinsman, Ph.D, NGS Regional Geodetic Advisor for
Alaska and theU.S. Arctic
This webinar provides an introduction to geodetic control in the context of flood mapping, presents case studies that highlight the importance of well-defined heights, and outlines the expected impacts of a modernized vertical datum on flood maps and related products.
Technical Content Rating:
Intermediate – Some prior knowledge of the topic is helpful.
Learn more about geodetic control and flood mapping:
• The Effect of Modernizing the National Datums on Floodplain Mapping(PDF)
• Location Science Improves Everyday Life(short YouTube video)
• Socio-Economic Benefits Study of CORS and GRAV-D(PDF)
• Three Frequently Asked Questions about Geodesy and Floodplain Mapping
As a reminder, the NGS Webinar Series hosts presentations on various topics related to NGS programs, projects, products and services to educate constituents about NGS activities.
• View our upcoming schedule.
• View recordings of previous webinars.
• Have a question? View our webinar FAQs or email the NGS Info Center
NOAA’s National Geodetic Survey