The USGS has just released the first NHDPlus High Resolution (NHDPlus HR) datasets in Beta version for seven hydrologic regions covering a quarter of the conterminous U.S.
NHDPlus HR extends the rich attribution and functionality present in the NHDPlus Version 2 to the spatial accuracy and detail present in the high resolution National Hydrography Dataset and 1/3 arc-second 3D Elevation Program data. For more information see the NHDPlus High Resolution page.
Want to learn more about this important new data product? Register for the seminar, to be hosted by USGS May 23rd, 1-2 PM Eastern time. Registration is limited. Once you are approved by the host, you will receive a confirmation email with instructions for joining the session.
Topics wlll include:
- Overview: what is NHDPlus HR, what does Beta mean, what you can do with it, and how it improves upon the NHDPlus Version 2
- Data availability: Production and release plans
- How to download: TNM Download viewer, FTP and Cloud folders
- What comes after Beta: The NHDPlus HR Refresh concept, Beta QC and Markup tool overview
- Learn about the VisibilityFilter Attribute: The ability to represent the data at different scales, currently populated for testing in Regions 01 and 06.
To view in other time zones or languages, please click here. If the session fills, the NHDPlus HR Seminar may be offered again at a later date.
Training shared by Douglas Freehafer, US Geological Survey.