The next GISMO (NYC) membership meeting will take place on Wednesday September 27, 2017 from 11:30AM – 1:30PM at the Fund for the City of New York, 121 6th Avenue, 6th Floor.
• Dr. Sunil Bhaskaran, Professor and Founding Director of the BCC Geospatial Center of the CUNY CREST Institute, will present the mission, accomplishments and future directions of the Center.
• Tim Keane, Director of GIS Applications Development at DOITT, will discuss methods for accessing the City’s open GIS data and tools. Tim will demonstrate the ease with which private firms, community groups and non-profit organizations can take advantage of the City’s GIS resources.
Other items to be covered include:
• The GISMO GIS Jobs Fair scheduled for October 24th at Hunter College
• Fall elections for GISMO Board of Directors and Officers
• The NYS GIS Association GeoCon 2017 in Lake Placid, October 17-19
Attendance at this meeting REQUIRES membership in GISMO.
• Students: Membership in GISMO is free for any student committed to the study of geography and GIS. Go to www.gismonyc.org and sign up. Membership in GISMO entitles you to free membership in the NYS GIS Association which GISMO pays for. GISMO membership will also be required to participate in the GIS Jobs Fair scheduled for later in October.
• Practitioners: GISMO membership is $20 annually and includes membership in the NYS GIS Association. State Association membership will give you discounts to the upcoming GeoConference in Lake Placid, and to other GIS events in the NYC Metro Area.
Looking forward to seeing you on September 27th.