New York State Esri ArcGIS Desktop K-12 License
For technical support for the installation of the software, please contact Mr. Darren Faccilonga, the Associate Director of Technology Based Learning Systems at NYIT (New York Institute of Technology), by e-mail at email@example.com or by telephone at 631.348.3317.
For more information and help with ArcGIS Online, click here. There are other resources for using ArcGIS Online below.
- ArcGIS Online Subscription Overview Esri Video
- Using ArcGIS Online… Esri Video
- ArcGIS Platform: ArcGIS Online & Web Maps Esri Video
For more information and help with the ArcGIS Desktop software, click here.
Other Training and Support Opportunities
- The NYS GIS Association frequently offers training and professional development in the form of in-person workshops at the NYGeoCon and online webinars. Many of the webinars are for members only, so become a member for only $10 a year!
- Check the GeoMentor map sponsored by the National Geographic Society and Esri to see if there is a GeoMentor in your area willing to help your school or youth organization. Geomentors work with educators and youth to develop skills in geography thinking using everything from GIS to GPS to maps, globes, atlases, charts, and compasses.
- Check the map and profiles of T3G Educators in your area. T3G stands for Teachers Teaching Teachers GIS. T3G Trained Educators help other educators learn why and how to use GIS. They have enhanced their skills in teaching with computers, using a problem-solving approach to learning, and in conducting professional development opportunities around the use of GIS.
- Subscribe to the GISNY-L electronic discussion list.
- Check the NYS GIS Clearinghouse web site.
Calendar of Learning Opportunities
Webinar on Friday, September 3, 2014
8:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
Sparking Curiosity – Geography, the C3 Framework and the Inquiry Arc
Join this panel of classroom and content experts as they share how to spark your students’ curiosity about the world through geographic reasoning. This is NCGE’s first webinar of the academic year and it is in partnership with NCSS.
REGISTER for the free webinar: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6527190664680579329
Webinar on Friday, September 10, 2014
8:00 PM – 9:00 PM EDT
ArcGIS Online, ConnectED & GeoMentors – A Beautiful Friendship
Join Charlie Fitzpatrick, Esri’s Schools Program Manager for his presentation on partnerships!
REGISTER for the free webinar:
GeoFest 2014 – Celebrating the Empire State
Saturday, 18 October 2014 at Monroe Community College
Join the New York Geographic Alliance for a day of geography! There will be workshops on GIS, environmental science, the new Atlas of New York: Legacies of the Erie Canal, and much, much more. Stay tuned for more details at :http://www.nygeographicalliance.org/events/eventdetail.cfm?eID=117