Applications for Summer of Maps are open until February 2, 2020. Nonprofits and students apply now!
** What is Summer of Maps?
Summer of Maps is a fellowship program that matches nonprofit organizations that have spatial analysis needs with top students pursuing careers in geospatial data analysis to complete projects over a three-month period during the summer.
** Nonprofit Grant Recipients
From June to August 2020, the selected nonprofit organizations:
• Receive a grant of analysis services from a skilled student GIS analyst to geographically analyze their data
• Visualize their data in new ways
• Combine their data with other demographic and geographic data
• Receive high-quality maps and visualizations that can be used to support new initiatives, make a case to prospective funders, or advocate for a cause
Visit our Nonprofit Resource Guide for more information on requirements and guidelines for participating nonprofit organizations.
** Summer of Maps Fellows
• Work on a spatial analysis project that supports the social mission of two non-profit organizations
• Work with Azavea mentors to improve their GIS and project management skills
• Receive a monthly stipend
• Gain work experience implementing real-world GIS projects
Summer of Maps Fellows are mentored by Azavea staff and learn public speaking, project management, and communication skills in addition to geospatial data analysis methods
** Important Dates
• December 4, 2019: Organization and student application opens
• January 7, 2020: Nonprofit Application Q&A webinar
• February 2, 2020: Organization and student application closes
• April 2020: Announce Student Fellows and Organizations
• June 2020: Fellowship starts
• August 2020: Fellowship ends, projects delivered to Organizations
We are looking for sponsors for the 2020 season of Summer of Maps. Please reach out if you are interested in sponsoring a fellow, mentor, or nonprofit organization for 2020! If you would like more information about the Summer of Maps program or about ways you can get involved, contact email@example.com.