The 2010 NYS GIS Association Survey Report
The Annual Survey provides a wealth of information and feedback from members and non-members about our organization, or priorities, and the state of our profession. Some findings of particular interest:
Top three (3) reasons to join the organization include:
- Being a part of a professional organization
- Keeping abreast of the latest news-note the great work this year by the Communications Committee
- Networking – 80% indicated “Regional Meetings” are their preferred venue
Top two (2) things the Associations should be working on”
- Legislation- 82% felt legislation is either critical or important
- Training- >50% would like to see more webinars, only 1 in 3 feel they are “keeping up” with technology.
- Less than ¼ of respondents were actually GISP Certified, and >50% did not see the value in professional certification
- ~90% felt outreach to other professional organizations was critical or important
- For a more formal analysis of the Annual Survey results, keep your eyes open for the full report on our website.