Regional Coordination Committee
Al Leidner, NYC Region, Chair
- Adirondacks – Eileen Allen, John Barge, Star Carter, Heather Weller
- Albany – Jason Baum
- Catskills – Thomas Hynes
- Central NY: Syracuse – Paula Cutrone
- Central NY: Utica/Rome – Verne LaClair
- Long Island – Ross Baldwin, James Daly
- Lower Hudson Valley – Ana Hiraldo-Gomez, Arlene Owen, Doug Schuetz, Sam Wear, Robert Wills
- New York City – Alan Leidner, Steve Pollackov
- Rochester, Genesee, Finger Lakes – Dan Allen
- Saratoga – Alex Chaucer
- Southern Tier – William Ostrander, Nick Hollingshead
- Tug Hill – Mickey Dietrich
- Western NY – James B. Jones
The mission of the Regional Committee is to work to improve collaboration, cooperation and mutual support between the State Association and NYS Regional GIS Groups. The NYSGISA recognizes that its regional partners are critical to the success of GIS in the State and understands that by helping to strengthen them, it will also be strengthened.
- Regional Committee POCs have been holding telephone webinars to describe their GIS operations, challenges and accomplishments.
- Regional POCs provided valuable in depth interviews as input to the Association’s Emerging GIS project.
- Regional POCs have helped form new regional groups in areas of NYS that were not represented including Catskills, Onondaga/Syracuse and Southern Tier.
- The Regional Committee has produced a NYSGISA resources guide for local government GIS users and managers.
- Continue to support the growth of Regional groups and to foster communications and collaboration
- Update Regional Resources Guide by July 1, 2017.
- Support initiatives coming out of the Emerging GIS project
- Help to identify GIS leaders in all counties and major municipalities across NYS
NYS GIS Association Provides Benefits to Regional GIS User Groups
As part of an ongoing effort to provide tangible benefits to local NYS GIS user groups, the Association has begun offering the use of its “Gold Plan” level Survey Monkey account. Regional groups can use the enhanced account for any user group related business.
In addition to the functionality offered by the free Survey Monkey accounts, users of the “Gold Plan” also have the ability to create surveys with:
- unlimited questions
- easy exporting, printing and results sharing
- expert templates
- advanced survey logic
- customization, and much more!
Regional groups interested in accessing the NYS GIS Association’s Gold Plan Survey Monkey account can contact Julie Tolar for more information.