Al Leidner, Booz Allen Hamilton, Chair (212-551-6416)
Eileen Allen, North Country, Adirondacks
Diane Ayers, SYNERGIS, Ithaca
Jason Baum, Metro Albany
David Cook, Adirondacks
James Daly, Suffolk County
Mickey Dietrich, Tug Hill, Adirondacks
Ana Hiraldo-Gomez, Westchester County
Matt Knutzen, GISMO, New York City
Verne LaClair, Rome/Utica
Daniel Munoz, Catskills
Michael Naughton, LIGIS, Long Island
Jacob Needle, WNYGIS, Western NYS
Arlene Owen, Putnam County
Steve Pollackov, ArcUsers & NAPSG, New York City
Michael Ross, GIS/SIG, Rochester Region
Lisa Warneke, Greater Syracuse Area
Sam Wear, Westchester County
Heather Weller, LAGIS, Lower Adirondacks
Robert Wills, Dutchess County
The mission of the Regional Committee is to work to improve collaboration, cooperation and mutual support between the State Association and NYS Regional GIS Groups. The NYSGISA recognizes that its regional partners are critical to the success of GIS in the State and understands that by helping to strengthen them, it will also be strengthened.
- Offer a forum in which Regional GIS leadership and State Association leadership can learn about developments of mutual interest and discuss GIS policy and strategy that might lead to joint action
- Identify priority Regional issues and needs, and provide support and resources to Regional GIS groups
- Have more members of Regional GIS groups join the NYSGIS Association and participate in Association activities and events
- Compile a current listing of State GIS groups, leaders and POCs. (Done)
- Send to Regional Group POCs a preliminary listing of ways that the State Association can be of assistance (Done)
- Schedule an initial 2014 conference call for Regional Group POCs. (Done: set for January 15th 11am to noon. (Done)
- Develop a prioritized set of support activities and resources for presentation to the Association Board.
- Implement approved actions
- Support Regional Group activities to increase their membership and to have their membership join the Association.
- Work with Regional Groups to encourage attendance at the 2014 Association Summit
- Updated listing of Regional Groups and POCs has been compiled and a first meeting conference call scheduled for January 15th.
- January 15, 2014, 11am to noon: Regional Committee conference call
NYS GIS Association Provides Benefits to Regional GIS User Groups
As part of an ongoing effort to provide tangible benefits to local NYS GIS user groups, the Association has begun offering the use of its “Gold Plan” level Survey Monkey account. Regional groups can use the enhanced account for any user group related business.
In addition to the functionality offered by the free Survey Monkey accounts, users of the “Gold Plan” also have the ability to create surveys with:
- unlimited questions
- easy exporting, printing and results sharing
- expert templates
- advanced survey logic
- customization, and much more!
Regional groups interested in accessing the NYS GIS Association’s Gold Plan Survey Monkey account can contact Julie Tolar at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.