Rich Quodomine, NYSDOT, Chair
Alan Leidner, BAH
Jacob Needle, Wendel Duchscherer
To establish external relations with professional associations, universities and colleges, private firms, public entities and vendors by working to develop a better public image for their GIS work.
2014 Work Plan
- Sponsorship Development: The committee will work with current sponsors to find ways to make sponsorship more valuable and retain sponsors.
- Organizational development: working with related organizations, such as the Conference of Mayors or Association of towns to develop working agreements and exchange relevant professional development and exchange opportunities.
- Educational development: working with professional development and educational efforts at NYSGISA to find new venues for members to provide a public forum for their technology or other education-based efforts.
- Support other committees in reaching out to new venues and developing valuable contacts for long-term relationship development.
2013 Work Plan
- ROI analysis of membership benefits – develop a detailed listing of membership benefits of the NYGIS Association to share with current and potential members outlining the financial rewards of being part of the NYGIS Association. Use this information to support recruiting efforts and outreach to other professional organizations. Include this information in Marketing brochures, email blasts and Association web site.
- Recruit additional members to the NYGIS – establish incentive program to recognize NYGIS members who recruit new members from private and public sector.
- Form partnerships with other professional organizations – reach out to established Geospatial organizations (ASPRS, NYSAPLS, etc) to form partnerships for sharing of NYGIS news, professional development opportunities, events, and networking opportunities. Provide links on NYGIS web site to partner sites for reciprocal information sharing.
- Establish sponsorship opportunities – Establish benefits of sponsorship (place on web site, recognition at events, etc). Reach out to public and private sector organizations to offer Conference, Summit and general Association sponsorship opportunities.
- Create “members only” content – establish NYGIS member web page on main web site to provide access to controlled content such as webinars, podcasts, white papers, etc.
- Establish “accreditation” of CEUs – coordinate with different professional organization to establish requirements for conference seminars, meetings, etc to be accepted for other organizations professional Continuing Education (CEU) requirements.