To establish and deepen external relations with professional associations, consortia, organizations, public entities, etc., that are relevant to GIS, and to enable wider collaboration for GIS priorities.
2015 Work Plan
- External Development: Create and send out surveys, identify, recruit and develop members as key contacts for liaison relationships
- Strategize relationship management
- Develop working agreements and professional development opportunities
- Develop communications for events, activities, etc., for better coordination with external organizations
- Develop relationship management recommendations to strengthen ties with external organizations, and provide up-to-date data about the association
- Support other association committees in reaching out to external organizations to enhance their work