- Andy Mendola, Pictometry, Chair
- Eileen Allen, SUNY Plattsburgh
- Alexander Chaucer, Skidmore College
- Ann Deakin, SUNY Fredonia
- Susan Hoskins, Cornell University
- Mike Jabot, SUNY Fredonia
- Jim Kernan, SUNY Geneseo
- Jonathon Little, Monroe Community College; New York Geographic Alliance
- David Stern, Nassau Community College
- Pete Walsemann, Carthage High School
- Amy Work, Institute for the Application of Geospatial Technology
The mission of the Education Committee is to support the NYS GIS Association in meeting the educational needs of its membership and fostering GIS education across New York State.
- UAS/UAV – Invite Agamemnon Crassidis from RIT to discuss NUAIR Project.
- Entry level GIS courses, determine transfer credits policy between state institutions.
- Expand opportunities for geospatial topics to be taught at high school level.
- Increase role for and communication between EDU committee and college students.
- Create forum for sharing GIS labs, exercises and projects between colleagues statewide.
- Develop strategy to increase number of sustaining memberships.