Special note: See a map of our Twitter followers at the bottom of this page.
- Carol Zollweg, Bergmann Associates, Chair
- Danielle Bargovic, CHA
- Michael Fitzgerald, FPM Remediations, Inc
- Don Meltz, Don Meltz Planning and GIS
- Jacob Needle, Wendel Duchscherer
- Sheri Norton, Ontario County
- Vijay Sambandhan, Bergmann Associates
To manage and disseminate information that represents part of the public face of the New York State GIS Association (NYSGISA).
These public faces include, but are not limited to:
- A website
- A Facebook page
To this end we will maintain a professional and visually interesting website, a professional Facebook page that is updated on a timely basis, post professional tweets that are output on a timely basis, produce a professional looking newsletter, and ensure that listserv content is professional and use of listserv is not abused.
- GeoSummit Website Development
- Improve loading speed of all websites, investigate moving site to another server
- Investigate video equipment to record conference presentations – DONE
- Add online member update pages
- Reorganize past-conference pages
- Email opt-out to be added to member profile update page
- Liaison (Sheri) on Summit committee – DONE
- Keep the website updated, lively, and responsive to member interests.
- Reorganize the menus and pages of the website to be better organized.
- Website Updates and Maintenance – This includes adding news, jobs and calendar items on a timely basis, training all interested board members on how to update the association blog and adding pages and meeting minutes as necessary. It is expected that all committee chairs will monitor the web pages associated with their committee and submit timely information to keep those pages fresh. In addition, web pages and news about upcoming conferences and meetings will be updated as those events are approaching and articles about them will be written after they occur. This will occur all year long in conjunction with these events.
- Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn Updates – Messages will go out via Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn throughout the year. The website news feature will be linked into Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn if technologically feasible.
- Email blasts – periodically send information about events and items of interest to members via email.
- Association Blog – We will publish articles on the association blog instead of publishing a newsletter. We aim to publish 4 articles during the year.
- Website addition – Featured Items – the home page will contain two featured items that will rotate periodically. These items represent information of special interest to our members.
- Website addition – YouTube Channel – a youtube channel will be created to allow us to share videos and webinars that the association hosted. – completed Jan. 2013.
- NYGeoCon2013 – website, both before and after conference.
- Member mapping is now our own custom website.
NYS GIS Association on Twitter
One of the goals stated in the Communications Committee’s Mission Statement is to disseminate information about NYS GISA through an active Twitter account. In 2010, we began assembling a list of GIS-centric Twitter users and have developed quite a following. If you would like to join the conversation, you can follow us at @NYS_GISA
Here’s a map of our current Twitter followers (Click here for full map):